Upcoming Training for Library Staff
- Enterprise Training (April - June)
- Circulation Users Meeting
- Online training course offerings - register for one or more from our suite of online training classes. Current classes include Workflows java client, Virtual Catalog, and Director's Station.
- Consultation Request - Directors may request a visit from the SAILS staff and arrange to have SAILS perform onsite training at your library or even meet for a planning session.
Continuing Education Policy
The following are basic Windows proficiencies you would be expected to have, before attending any of the SAILS workshops.
- Use a 2-button: click, double click and right-mouse click.
- Select a menu and cancel it.
- Use menus and shortcut menus.
- Know how to use Windows Help.
- Know how to use the toolbar (or taskbar) and how to scroll.
- Recognize an active and inactive window. Know how to open and close windows.
- Understand minimize, maximize, restore and exit buttons in both files and programs.
Please visit the MLS site for their list of Continuing Education courses.