Place request steps:
- Log into the VC with your patron's barcode at:
- Click on Searching/Requesting button
- Enter your terms and click the search button.
- Find the title you want and click the Request button. To get more details, click on the title.
- Verify the patron info and click the submit request button.
View the virtcat manual for full details.
Item can't be shipped:
- Check the bib record - there may be 2 ISBNs, or a 9-digit ISBN in the record. If this is the case, log into the VC as sailss/sailss and do a request inquiry to find the request number. You'll enter the barcode and request number.
- It is also possible there are multiple holds for the title. If this is the case, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can't find request in VirtCat:
- The request may have expired in our system. Check this is by going into Workflows and looking up the hold for the URSA patron, which is printed on the RHA report. Go to the holds tab and you'll see the expiration date.
- It's also possible this was already shipped by another library.
And remember, if your trying to find a request for one of your patrons or you filled a request to another network, you can view the status by going to "Request Inquiry" and selecting either "Requests made by your library's patrons", "Requests made to your library" or "All current requests".