Full Time Digital and Member Services Librarian
The Digital & Member Services Librarian works under the supervision of the Assistant Director for Technology Services to support member library use of SAILS systems in the areas of circulation, reports / analytics, acquisitions, and digital collections. The team-oriented and customer-friendly individual in this position will respond quickly and accurately to requests from member libraries, troubleshoot problems, maintain documentation, and manage the SAILS digital services collection, primarily Overdrive. This position will also work with SAILS schools libraries to manage end-of-school-year processes and loading of student / faculty records.
Essential Job Functions
● Provide quality and prompt customer service to SAILS member libraries
by providing assistance, answering questions, and consulting on settings
via email, phone and on-site visits.
● Carry out service requests that include, but are not limited to the following:
configure and run statistical reports; make batch updates to items,
patrons, and transactions; update system codes; run inventory reports;
and load student/faculty records.
● Build and maintain a thorough knowledge of circulation, reports, statistics,
and acquisitions in Symphony, BLUECloud Analytics, MobileStaff and
other SirsiDynix services used at SAILS.
● Perform testing on new releases and custom development.
● Help in the development and presentation of training to member library
● Create, update and organize documentation and training materials due to
software upgrades, the addition of new features, or changes in policies
● Manage the SAILS digital collection in Overdrive, serve as liaison to the
SAILS Overdrive Committee, and provide primary support for Overdrive
● Use creativity and independent judgment to troubleshoot problems / find
solutions for member libraries. Refer problems to vendors when
● Represent SAILS at meetings and conferences.
● Keep abreast of local/national standards, emerging technologies, and
trends through reading, webinars, trainings, conference attendance, etc.
● Perform special projects and other duties as required.
● MLS from an ALA accredited program or current enrollment.
● Prior professional experience working in an academic, public or school library or a library support organization using current integrated library system software.
● Ability to write well-organized, user-friendly, easy-to-follow documentation and instructional materials.
● Ability to communicate effectively with library staff members with varying technology skills and experience.
● Proven written and oral communication skills and a strong public service philosophy.
● Strong service orientation and the ability to work in a collegial manner with co-workers.
● Ability to be self motivated, to exercise initiative and independent judgment, to solve problems with minimal assistance, and to prioritize tasks in a busy support environment.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills.
● Proven ability to work as a member of a team.
● Flexibility in a rapidly changing automated environment.
● Comfortable with Windows, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and the Libby app.
● Valid driver’s license.
● Experience with SirsiDynix Symphony Workflows.
● Experience providing end-user support.
● Experience performing circulation or acquisitions services in an academic, public or school library.
● Experience working with relational databases.
● Familiarity with ordering materials and running reports in Overdrive Marketplace.
● Experience with help desk ticketing software.
● Experience with manipulating data in Excel, Google sheets or other software.
Education Required: MLS from an ALA accredited program or current enrollment.
Salary: $52,537 – $70,925
Closing Date: 12/30/2022
To apply, fill out this form and attach a PDF containing a cover letter and resume.