Full Time Executive Director
Responsible for the leadership, development, and administration of the SAILS Network, including strategic planning, personnel management and administration, budget development and communication with member libraries. Keeps current of technological development in the library world and ensures network services meet the needs of member libraries. Upholds and advances the mission of the SAILS Network.
Additional Information / Benefits:
– Full-time, Monday through Friday, 35 hours per week.
– SAILS follows a hybrid work structure where employees can work remotely or from the office, as needed, based on demands of specific tasks.
– Benefits include medical, dental, life, disability insurance, non-matching 6% contributions to a retirement plan, as well as paid holidays, four weeks of vacation, and sick and personal time.
– Minimum 5 years experience demonstrated responsibility for fiscal and personnel management, strategic planning and library administration
– Minimum 2 years in a leadership position with an automated library network
– Proven knowledge of library automation, telecommunications, and emerging technologies
– Demonstrated ability to maintain awareness of current trends and new developments and evaluate their impact on the organization
– Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to deal effectively with diverse audiences and stakeholders with various levels of experience
– Proven written and oral communications and group facilitation skills
– Strong grantsmanship skills desirable
– Flexibility in a continually changing environment
– Valid Driver’s License and vehicle with current insurance coverage
Education Required: MLS from an ALA accredited program
Closing Date: 07/31/2023
Please send resume with cover letter to:
SAILS Employment Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org