We are excited to announce that we have made titles available to borrow on Libby and OverDrive platforms in seven languages in addition to English and Portuguese! You can find them all here: https://sails.overdrive.com/library/world-languages or here: https://libbyapp.com/library/sails/guide/world-languages.
We have made sure to modify our curated collections to reflect English titles so as not to overwhelm them with the new content. However, if you are used to searching in Libby or OverDrive simply by browsing “ebook” or “audiobook” for example, and you do not want titles in languages other than English to show up in your results, you will need to modify your preferences. If you are using the Libby app, this is a one time change that will prevent any content other than English from showing up for them. Here’s how:
- Search for anything in the search bar.
- On the results page you will see a circle with a + next to “Preferences”. Click on it.
- The options for all of the different preferences will pop up.
- Click on language.
- Select English.
- Make sure to click “Apply Preferences” or it won’t save.
- Search again and notice the number in a white circle next to the word “Preferences”. That means you have successfully saved that preference (in addition to any other preferences you may have already saved).
In the OverDrive app, you will need to make this change each time you search. Here’s how:
- Click on the search bar.
- Underneath the search bar an “Advanced” option will appear. Click on it.
- In the Advanced Search screen, scroll down to the language menu.
- Under languages, select “English” and then “done”.
- This search will only return titles in English.
- To confirm this or to view another way to filter searches you can see a drop down menu labeled “Filters”. This will include the language filter and should show you anything you have set as a filter for your search.